At Givens Communities, we live by our core values, caring, courage, collaboration, and commitment. Our non-profit communities value each team member and their contribution to our organization. Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fun, friendly, and inclusive team!
Our campus is growing, and so is our team! The Dining Services department at Givens Highland Farms has an immediate need for a full-time Sous Chef.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Executive Sous Chef
- Providing direct leadership and vision to the culinary team
- Assisting in financial and technical guidance
- Collaborating with dining leadership to ensure the best possible food quality and service
A preferred candidate will have an Associates Degree in Culinary, Hospitality, Business Management, or related field.
Added plus if the candidate has:
- 5 to 8 years of progressive experience in hospitality, multi-unit, medium volume foodservice operations or other related fields
- Knowledge of healthy trends in foods and diets, dietary requirements and restrictions for older adults
- Creativity and innovation in menu planning and presentation
- Achievement in training, motivational, and organizational skills
- Success in the management of a budget, purchasing, and payroll control
- Certified in Serve Safe & Sanitation or equivalent food handler's certificate
Team members that work 20+ hours per week qualify for benefits which include:
- Two major medical health insurance plans with dental and vision care at no additional cost
- Paid time off accrual
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching of employee contribution
- Educational assistance
- No cost life & short-term disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Access to AFLAC & Lincoln Life insurance products