At Givens, your work is more than just a job, it is a calling. Come join the family at Givens Highland Farms! We are a non-profit organization looking for the best, brightest, and friendliest to join our family.
The primary purpose of the position, in support of the Executive Chef, is to provide direct leadership, supervision, enthusiasm, vision, culinary creativity, financial and technical guidance to deliver the best possible food quality, service and operating performance for the Dining Services Department. You will assist in managing and directing of food purchasing, production, meal service and catering events to provide the highest quality of service. Assist in revising department procedures for the culinary operations in compliance with Givens Highland Farms policies and vision to assure the highest degree of quality care at all times.
An associates Degree in Culinary, Hospitality Business Management or related field. Prefer higher education degree from an American Culinary Federation certified curriculum program.
Team Member Benefits:
Positions that work 20+ hours a week qualify for benefits which include: two major medical health insurance plans that include dental and vision care, paid time off accrual, 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching of employee contribution, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, short-term disability insurance, long term disability insurance, AFLAC insurance products, Lincoln Life insurance products, uniform allowance (certain departments), and educational assistance.
· Givens Estates Wellness Center offers employees and a plus one access to pool hours, family swim times, and a fitness center;
· On-site medical massage by appointment;
· You are welcome to enjoy our miles of hiking trails and outdoor areas;
· Meal discounts on campus;
· Yearly campus family events (vary at each location);
· Access to Wellness initiatives, programs, and fairs;
· Discounts and perks with local area businesses;
· 22% Verizon plan discounts;
· Employee appreciation events;
· Access to Health management program if insured by Givens;
· Yearly training and professional development opportunities;
· Annual Company Picnic;
· And many more